Tuesday 18 May 2010

hemingway


Before I receive criticism and am forced to attempt to defend the merits of drinking alone, I will only say that alcoholism is a real problem and very sad when alcohol is abused, but in this context, I am merely sharing the experience of living in a big city that closes super early while working on a stupid schedule . . . and with most good cocktail bars closing at insanely early hours, I have decided that cocktails will now be made at home . . . many times, on second thought most times alone. So these will be one cocktail nights, with posts to entertain you. Enjoy.


The hemingway - not only my favorite author, but one hell of a drink.

3/4 lime
1/2 grapefruit
1/4-1/2 luxardo maraschino
2 white rum (in my case I use havana club)
Shaken and served up with a traditional lime wheel garnish.


1 comment:

  1. Andrew made this for me last week for my Birthday. The night before I left for my Mexico cruise. I think I was still drunk from it when I got on the ship the next day HOO wah!

    ReplyDelete