Wednesday 2 June 2010

the voyager

i quote belle and sebastian, "oh, get me away from here, i'm dying . . ." that quote speaks to my life at so many points over the years. the mid-week finals listen, the hectic work schedules, the quiet nights of too much of oneself. and tonight it's just the weight of the world. unfortunately (or fortunately) i've limited myself to just one beverage on these types of nights, so this one will relax me enough, just to see me off to the land of nod.

here it is, the voyager: of course, it's got a lime wheel, and it's served in an improper glass in the picture, but the glassware is in the works. in the meantime, sit back and enjoy.

the voyager -
3/4 lime
1/2 benedictine
1/2 velvet falernum
2 rum
2 dashes angostura bitters
shake, rocks, lime wheel or wedge garnish

3 comments:

  1. Whoa...I don't even know what benedictine
    or velvet falernum are. But they'd have to be damn good to get me to drink rum. I had... a bad... experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just need some havana club. the fact it's cuban makes it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.gq.com/food-travel/recipes/200605/cocktails-drinks-summer

    ReplyDelete